MauPass and the MauPass Materials are provided to you by or on behalf of the Government of Mauritius (together with our representative, the Ministry of Information Technology, Communication and Innovation; collectively, ("we", "us"" or "our"). If you have any questions about these Terms or MauPass and/or the MauPass Materials, you may contact our representative at:
Ministry of Information Technology, Communication and Innovation
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Address:
Level 7, SICOM Tower, Wall Street,
Ebene, Republic of Mauritius
- By accessing, using, downloading, installing and/or accessing any part of MauPass, MauPass mobile app and/or the MauPass Materials, as the case may be, you acknowledge that you have read and understood these Terms and unconditionally agree and accept to be legally bound by and to comply with these Terms and any amendments thereto from time to time. Any non-compliance with these Terms, whether intentionally or otherwise, may result in action being taken against you, including but not limited to a claim for compensation and civil and/or criminal liability.
- The accessibility and operation of MauPass, MauPass mobile app and the MauPass Materials may rely on technologies outside our control. We do not guarantee continuous accessibility or uninterrupted operation of MauPass, MauPass mobile app and the MauPass Materials.
If you are using MauPass, MauPass mobile app and/or the MauPass Materials or any part thereof on behalf of an Organisation, you hereby represent and warrant that you have been validly authorised to:
- access or use MauPass, MauPass mobile app and/or the MauPass Materials on behalf of your Organisation; and
- agree to and bind your Organisation to these Terms.
In such circumstances, any reference to "you" in these Terms will include your Organisation.
- Kindly ensure that you access or use MauPass, MauPass Materials and download the , MauPass mobile app from legitimate sources only (i.e. MauPass mobile app, the MauPass Website and/or the Approved Online Stores) and check that the MauPass and the MauPass Materials are indeed operated and/or published by the Government of Mauritius (or its appointed representative, the MITCI) before you access or use MauPass or download the MauPass Materials, as the case may be. We shall not be responsible or liable to you for any losses, costs, expenses or damage suffered or incurred by you or any third party arising from any imitation, spoof, phishing or similarly fraudulent or unauthorised digital services downloaded or accessed by you from illegitimate sources or which are not published or operated by us.
- If you do not agree to these Terms, please do not access, use or download MauPass, MauPass mobile app or any MauPass Material.
- These Terms only govern the relationship between us and you. The dealings between you and the party who is relying on electronic identification via MauPass are not governed by these Terms. The extent to which MauPass is used with the online services provided by Approved Service Providers are determined by each Approved Service Provider.
Access to MauPass and your Account
- In order to access or use MauPass, you must register for an Account via the MauPass Website, or log into your existing Account. You agree and acknowledge that you will only obtain and maintain one Account and one set of Login Credentials, as we will only recognise one Account per individual.
- You hereby acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality, safekeeping and security of your Account details, including your Login Credentials or other mechanisms or means (which may include but not limited to biometric data (e.g. Face Identification)) with your consent that may be used to access your Account. For example, you should take appropriate steps to keep your Device and the information and software stored on your Device secure, including clearing your browser cookies and cache before and after using MauPass. MauPass may only be accessed by you with the use of your Login Credentials. Your Login Credentials may either be: (i) determined and issued to you by us; or (ii) provided by you and approved by us in our sole and absolute discretion. We may at any time in our sole and absolute discretion forthwith invalidate your Login Credentials without giving any reason or prior notice and shall not be liable or responsible for any loss or damage suffered by or caused by you or arising out of or in connection with or by reason of such invalidation. You may from time to time be required to change your MauPass Password and hereby agree do so when required. You may not share your Login Credentials and/or passwords with any third party. You must notify us immediately if you know or have reason to suspect that the confidentiality of your Login Credentials or Account has been compromised or accessed without your permission.
You hereby acknowledge and agree that:
- you will be solely liable and responsible for any transactions and activities conducted through, or purported to be conducted through, your Account and under the Specific Online Services;
- any: (i) access to or use of, or purported access to or use of, MauPass, MauPass mobile app and/or the MauPass Materials; and/or (ii) information, data, instructions or communications, whether or not authorised by you, referable to your Login Credentials shall, as the case may be, be deemed to be: (A) access to or use of the MauPass Materials, MauPass mobile app and/or MauPass by you; and/or (B) information, data, instructions or communications transmitted and validly issued by you; and
- you shall be responsible for any: (i) access to or use of, or purported access to or use of, the MauPass Materials and/or MauPass; and/or (ii) information, data, instructions or communications, whether or not authorised by you, referable to your Login Credentials, and you agree that we (and our service providers) shall be entitled (but not obliged to) act upon, rely on and/or hold you solely responsible and liable in respect thereof, as if the same were carried out, transmitted or issued by you.
- You acknowledge that we are under no obligation, nor are we able to, verify the authenticity of any transactions and activities conducted through your Account or under any eServices, or the identity of the person logging into and using your Account and you agree that we (and the Approved Service Providers) shall be entitled (but not obliged) to act upon, rely on and/or hold you solely responsible and liable in respect thereof, as if the same were conducted by you. You agree that you will not hold us or any Approved Service Provider responsible or liable, in any way whatsoever, for losses, costs, expenses or damages suffered or incurred by you or any third party if there is any unauthorised use of your Account.
- You may only activate and maintain one Registered Mobile Device at any given time. Any subsequent activation would deactivate the previous one. To use and/or access MauPass Mobile, you are required to activate MauPass mobile app by registering your mobile device (which shall be a Compatible Device) for MauPass mobile app in accordance with our latest instructions, procedures and directions.
- Once a mobile device (which shall be a Compatible Device) has been registered for MauPass mobile app in respect of your Account, information about your Account can be accessed using any Fingerprint, Facial Identification and/or MauPass Passcode enrolled by, where applicable, the relevant Fingerprint Recognition Feature and/or Face Recognition Feature on the said Registered Mobile Device. We owe no duty to verify that each Fingerprint and/or Face Identification is your fingerprint and/or facial identification. All use and access of MauPass mobile app referable to any Fingerprint, Face Identification and/or MauPass Passcode (whether such access or use is authorised by you or not) shall be deemed to be use or access of MauPass mobile app by you.
- You agree that MauPass mobile app relies on Fingerprint Recognition Feature(s) and/or Face Recognition Feature(s) which are proprietary to third parties, and that use of such features may be subject to other applicable terms and conditions of such third parties.
- You should not enrol any third party fingerprint and/or facial identification or permit any unauthorised third parties to enrol their fingerprints and/or facial identification on your Registered Mobile Devices, as doing so would enable such third parties to have access to information about your Account or carry out transactions from your Account through MauPass mobile app. You should accordingly delete any third party fingerprints and/or facial identifications enrolled on a mobile device prior to activating MauPass Mobile on the said device.
- You shall exercise reasonable care to prevent the loss, disclosure or unauthorised use of any Registered Mobile Device, Fingerprint, Face Identification and/or MauPass Passcode. We shall not be responsible or liable for any loss caused to or damage suffered by you if any person should obtain possession of any Registered Mobile Device and obtains information about you, your use of Specific Online Services and/or your Account or carries out transactions through your Account or under any of the Specific Online Services through MauPass mobile app.